Constitution 1 Stealth 3
Deception 3 Strength 3
MagicVOID
MagicMIMIC
MagicEMPATHY
MagicFIRE ELEMENT
Magic--
Magic--
ooc. Optional pack meeting before we get too may characters in the pack to do stuff like this. Anyone interested in just seeing who else is in the pack or obtaining a task / working toward a higher rank can pop in.

A week had passed since Caedwyn had sent messages to the far corners of the lands. Tiny scrolls had been sent via birds to fly north and south. East and West, wolves had been sent to carry the message by mouth: Come One. Come All. Of course such a message would be unlikely to be heeded by everyone. And soon enough as their numbers grew such a meeting would be unfeasible. But for now Caedwyn wanted to see who would answer. Not only that, he wanted to know who among them had aspirations to prove themselves useful to the pack. So Caedwyn had summoned those who were willing to the grasslands where the flowers grew thick and tall. A large boulder rose tall above a clearing, and the sun above marked high noon. It was time.

Caedwyn approached to see a gathering of wolves and he moved quietly over to the boulder, leaping atop it so he could see the faces of the wolves clearly (and so they could see him). He cleared his throat, directing attention to himself and listened as the chitter chatter grew quiet. "I trust your travels have been easy," Caedwyn greeted, looking around for a moment. "You have all answered the summons to be here today for one purpose: we must solidify our roles within this new pack. We each have a part to play to ensure our pack survives. Those who are able, should speak up now if you have skills to offer. We are in need of healers, sentries, and many other roles. Speak your name and what skills you have to offer if you wish to be granted a task."

Caedwyn paused, allowing those who were willing to answer if they wished.

"Not only do we need wolves who are willing to perform tasks, we need leadership to help maintain order. There are many lands to watch over. I cannot lightly place someone in authority without knowing their capabilities or worth - but, if you wish to be considered, speak now so that we can plan to acquaint ourselves more in the future. I will keep a careful watch on those who wish to lead, so we can learn if you are worthy."

Again Caedwyn grew quiet, waiting to see if anyone was bold enough to put themself forward.

---

Speech.
OOC Date: 08-03-2023, 02:10 AM
IC THREAD DATE: 07/28/2023  in  Flowery Fields  —  
VERDANTIS
CITIZEN
Species Male Gray Wolf
Build Adult Brawny 46"
Trade NOVICE SENTRY
Trade NOVICE HUNTER
Health7 Dexterity3
Arcana 2 Medicine 1
Charisma 1 Perception 1
Constitution 4 Stealth 1
Deception 1 Strength 4
MagicBONE SPUR
MagicSHIELD
Magic
Magic
Magic
Magic

Gabriel had found the scroll sent by Caedwyn and noted the location where the meeting was to take place. Using the portals scattered throughout the land, it did not take long to find said spot and scout it out just a day before the meeting was to take place. The earthen wolf was curious as to why the meeting would not take place in Sulfur Hills, Caedwyn's home territory, or even be close to it if he was worried about strangers familiarizing themselves with his territory. He decided he would ask when the meeting arrived.

On the day of the meeting, Gabriel arrived alone. He took a good spot close to the front, where he could see Caedwyn better. Turning to the nearest wolf next to him^1, Gabriel inquires in a friendly voice, "a vonder vhat ze meeting vill be about?" Not long after, the wolf of the hour arrives, and Gabriel quiets himself in order to listen. He listens intently to all that is said; there is one sentence that dawns on him the most, that answers his most curious question even before he can ask: There are many lands to watch over. Just how many? How large is this so called territory of his? In the weeks since his arrival to the Realm, Gabriel had never once picked out the smell of any borders, or been chased off any land by packs. Is he trying to claim this entire land for his own? If such a case is true, then this must be the most inconspicuous emperor he's ever known. The idea of a Kingdom to such a large scale was unheard of for the earthen wolf, something he could never imagine happening. It raised more questions than it answered, and so Gabriel put aside his intial desire to offer up his services in exchange for some answers.

"i am a bit confused," he begins in a raised voice, loud yet respectful, "you intend to claim ze entire realm vor yourself? just like zat? it does not veel right," where is the fight for leadership? where is the clamor of opposing forces? Gabriel felt like a fish out of water; he did not like feeling so clueless.

^1 Can be anyone who also joins the meeting. If no one responds by the time I post Gabriel again, I'll just assume the mysterious person next to him ignored him.
OOC Date: 08-03-2023, 02:41 AM
DUSKORNA
PEASANT
Species Female Gray Wolf
Build Adult Average 37"
Trade NOVICE APOTHECARY
Trade NOVICE HERBALIST
Health5 Dexterity2
Arcana 3 Medicine 4
Charisma 4 Perception 1
Constitution 1 Stealth 1
Deception 3 Strength 1
MagicHYPNOSIS
MagicSHEPHERD
Magic
Magic
Magic
Magic

It was a curious thing, to be sent a scroll. And by the same wolf she had met in Sulfur Hills, no less. What other strange things did this world possess? In search for information, Ceartas arrived to the meeting as well, taking her seat a ways away and off to the side. Caedwyn went on speaking as if he owned this land, the land next... and any other land for that matter. She also began to wonder whether they've just encountered an oddly non-pushy conqueror, and wondered if anyone else would just let him claim so much land so easily. When Gabriel piped up, asking the same questions she hoped to get answered, she remained silent. Though she perhaps would have wondered those questions differently... For all they know, those around them have already been let in on the plan to take multiple lands. Perhaps there is no resistance to such a high form of leadership because there are not enough wolves to resist, or they have all already been forced under his leadership. She goes through many worse case scenarios to the situation, oblivious to the possibility that this is just how things are.

Eventually she decides to speak up, her tone clear and light, “I am a nurse. I can provide medical aid to anyone who wishes. I offer my healing services to the pack.”

OOC Date: 08-03-2023, 10:02 PM
DUSKORNA
NOBLE
Species Male Other Canid
Build Adult Lean 16"
Trade NOVICE ARTISAN
Trade NOVICE SHAMAN
Health5 Dexterity3
Arcana 3 Medicine 1
Charisma 3 Perception 3
Constitution 1 Stealth 2
Deception 3 Strength 1
MagicSIREN SONG
MagicLIGHT ELEMENT
MagicCLAIRVOYANCE
Magic
Magic
Magic

I'm not giving up...
I'm just giving in.

Soon after his encounter with Enya, Eon had begun to explore the realm. He felt he had been brought here for some reason… Though he couldn’t figure out why for the life of him.  Had fate wanted him to meet with Enya? To join her pack…?

It may have seemed strange that two wolves were attempting to claim an entire continent by themselves, but who was he to question it? Honestly - he wished he had the confidence to attempt something like that… but he did not. Not even close. He was hesitant to ever lead anything ever again after the last time when nearly his entire pack ended up frozen in stone.  It perhaps wasn’t really his fault,  despite what his mother might have said - but as the last one in charge of Athadia before its demise ate at him.  He just wished he could have done more… but since then much had been revealed to him. Perhaps in the worst way possible, but at least now he knew who he was, well, he supposed he was still figuring that out too, but at least he knew who he wasn’t. He never belonged in the pack to begin with. Why his adoptive mother had ever attempted to raise him as her own was a mystery he would never know the answer to.

But Athadia was in the past now - Ahead of him was the future.  His azure gaze fixated on the horizon. A sigh escaped him, attempting to let all the weight of the past go with an outward breath. A flicker appeared on the horizon, outstretched wings soaring in his direction. The bird flew right up to him, dropping a scroll by his paws.  Eon would cock his head in confusion, looking over the bird who stared back at him blankly for a moment before taking to the skies once more.  Being the curious creature he was, Eon would open it without a second thought reading the words in his head. A meeting… at the flowery plains? Why? He began to wonder, though he supposed he could just go and find out.

He had never been to the flowery plains before, but on wings that could fly at top speeds, he supposed it wouldn’t be too hard to find. He was soon able to scout out the exact location before the meeting, so he could return when it was time, and when that time came, he was there.  The other wolves around him seemed to look up at one particular wolf perched atop a boulder - everyone went silent when he spoke, so it was safe to assume, this was the other leader. His scent was strangely familiar like he’d lingered around Athadia before - but he did not remember the face, and he did not believe they had ever formally met. Suddenly, the puzzle pieces were starting to piece together. It would make sense he was from Kalonia if he knew Enya well enough to lead beside her.  It seemed it would be harder than he thought to escape his past after all…

He listened intently as he spoke, once the silence hit another wolf spoke up. Eon was not surprised by the response. It did seem a bit odd they were attempting to claim the entire continent. He had the same thoughts earlier.  Wouldn’t there be some sort of pushback from the wolves who lived here? With some strangers moving in and attempting to claim it all for themselves?  There was definitely something fishy about it… but perhaps there just weren’t enough wolves here to push back… or maybe they just didn’t care.  The next wolf to speak mentioned they were a nurse, and immediately offered their services to the pack. His ear twitched. Something in him told him, if he didn’t speak now he might not be able to. He had to put his lingering doubts aside if he was going to join this pack. Whatever this pack had to offer, it was clearly better than a fate left alone.  But… what skills could he offer?  He began to think back to the bird who had given him the scroll. There had to have been an easier way to do things… and just maybe, he was the key to that.

The small canid would attempt to make himself seen by moving forward slightly. It was quite possible he hadn’t been noticed til now due to his placement in the back of the crowd - but now he made himself known.  “I don’t believe we have met before sir, but I am an acquaintance of Enyas’’  he’d start out by saying, hoping his familiarity with the other alpha would spark some interest. “My name is Eon, I received your scroll by bird, I am a skilled flier myself, and I am willing to deliver messages across the land, if that is something that would be of use” he’d speak, getting a bit nervous now - he could feel eyes upon him. He had craved being the center of attention in the past, but now, for some reason, it felt different. It felt like he couldn’t think....

“I am willing to help out in other ways as well, I can even take up a leadership position too, if that is something that needs to be filled.”  Regret instantly washed over him… though he did his best to hide it. Why would he say that? Something was coming bumbling to the surface, but why now? Not after the fool he had made of himself  in front of Enya - looking more like some sort of beached whale than someone who could lead a kingdom.

As much as he feared being in a leadership position, he couldn’t help that subconsciously it was something he also craved. He wanted to be useful, and he wanted to be important. It was just that lingering fear… his mother…  Fuck that. His mother was gone now. Nothing she said should matter. Nothing she said did matter. What happened was not his fault - and it was almost as if getting those words out gave him some sort of boost. The confidence he once had, the confidence he had lost - it was back, it was his, and no one was going to steal it from him. Not Athadia, not his mother… no one.   He’d look back up at the alpha, a gleam in his eyes. He did not know if he had seen his hesitation. But the hesitation that was there a minute ago was gone now. Or at least, it had been buried deep down.

NOTES 
OOC Date: 08-31-2023, 05:01 AM
DUSKORNA
MONARCH
Species Male Gray Wolf
Build Adult Athletic 32"
Trade NOVICE ROGUE
Trade NOVICE SENTRY
Health8 Dexterity3
Arcana 3 Medicine 1
Charisma 3 Perception 2
Constitution 1 Stealth 3
Deception 3 Strength 3
MagicVOID
MagicMIMIC
MagicEMPATHY
MagicFIRE ELEMENT
Magic--
Magic--

Caedwyn could hear rumblings and whispers go through the crowd of wolves. He waited patiently to see who would speak up. Soon enough a few wolves stepped forward, offering their skills and services. One by one, Caedwyn acknowledged them and granted them a task to perform for the pack. Soon enough they were moving on their way and he came to the female and her brother he'd met before. She mentioned being a nurse and Caedwyn nodded approvingly. Yes, they would need healers if they were going to move forward solidifying their new pack. There were bound to be those who opposed them and healers would be needed to aid the injured. "Good. I shall put your skills to use as a healer," Caedwyn replied to her. "Go now and seek out those who need your care."

Moving through the crowd, next was a brightly colored wolf who introduced himself as Eon. He mentioned delivering messages and Caedwyn looked him over, noting the wolf's large wings. Yes, a winged-wolf would be able to travel easily and quickly wherever they needed. He nodded. "Eon, I am Caedwyn. If you are quick and willing, I will have your service as a messenger." Caedwyn paused as Eon mentioned knowing Enya but he didn't respond just yet. He listened as Eon volunteered to take up leadership in their new pack. "Your eagerness to lead is a good quality. We will need leaders to make our pack strong, but I don't want to be too hasty since we have only just met. Let me confer with Enya, since you mentioned she is already acquainted with you - and we shall talk over what position suits you. I shall summon you again soon with an answer." He hoped Eon would be satisfied with his answer. Though willing, Caedwyn wanted to see what Enya knew about this wolf before blindly putting him in charge.

Next Caedwyn moved back to Gabriel, who had spoke out questioning their intentions of claiming the lands. "Intend to? We already have." Caedwyn replied. "I intend to make this pack strong enough stand against those who would doubt us. If you wish to give your services to our goals, then speak now. Otherwise for now, let us adjourn. I have many matters to attend to."

[EXIT CAEDWYN UNLESS SOMEONE ELSE NEEDS TO ADDRESS HIM BEFORE HE GOES]
---

OOC.
Eon promoted to Initiate with Herald task.
Ceartas promoted to Initiate with Healer task.
Be sure to update your profiles to reflect rank/task changes.

Speech.
OOC Date: 09-01-2023, 04:57 PM
DUSKORNA
MONARCH
Species Female Red Wolf
Build Adult Athletic 27"
Trade NOVICE SENTRY
Trade NOVICE HUNTER
Health8 Dexterity4
Arcana 3 Medicine 3
Charisma 1 Perception 3
Constitution 2 Stealth 1
Deception 1 Strength 4
MagicWATER ELEMENT
MagicCLAIRVOYANCE
MagicHEALING
MagicMORPH
MagicVENOM
Magic

Enya had decided to linger in the background of the meeting, playing the role not of alpha, but of the commoners to listen and observe. Sure, there would be wolves who knew her name, and some who knew her appearance, but there were many more who had no idea what she looked like and she would use this to her advantage as she slinked along the backline, weaving between wolves and listening to their whispers. Most whispers, she picked up, were full of confusion. Why? was a common question that went through the gathering. There were feelings of resentment amongst some, and Enya took note of them as slyly as possible, while simultaneously taking note of those who were eagerly nodding in agreement. 

When some spoke up, speaking out to Caedwyn, Enya did her best to study who they were through the gathering as she continued to linger at the back. Most who spoke she did not recognize. However, there was one whom she did, and she smiled and nodded her head with approval as Eon stepped forward. She was not surprised that he offered himself up for a leader position within the ranks. He had done the same before, and knowing that he was looking to find a place to call home, the same thing that she was looking for, she nodded her head with a bit more firm of a motion. She intended to support him through any means she could - as long as his desires aligned with her's and Caedwyn's of course. 

Caedwyn elegantly responded to each of those who had offered their services and declared their intention. She stared up at him, now nodding her head at him with approval, and found herself wondering what Vrolga would have looked like had he been the one to take charge of it instead of her. It was a shame he had been stuck in Athadia. Perhaps things might have turned out very differently. 

As Caedwyn took his leave from the gathering, lingering long enough to give any others the chance to speak up, Enya fell back into the shadows, blending into the crowd as the gathering dispersed. She approached Caedwyn after a time and joined him at his side, waiting patiently for him to answer others and give them his audience first. When they had all departed, she nudged him gently with her muzzle in his shoulder, a touch of reassurance. "You make a fine King." She then struck him up with conversation of what she had heard and seen from her vantage point, and alongside him, she gave her company to him until he dismissed her. 

Entrance/Exit all at once for Enya

"Speech."
OOC Date: 09-12-2023, 10:27 PM
DUSKORNA
NOBLE
Species Male Other Canid
Build Adult Lean 16"
Trade NOVICE ARTISAN
Trade NOVICE SHAMAN
Health5 Dexterity3
Arcana 3 Medicine 1
Charisma 3 Perception 3
Constitution 1 Stealth 2
Deception 3 Strength 1
MagicSIREN SONG
MagicLIGHT ELEMENT
MagicCLAIRVOYANCE
Magic
Magic
Magic

I'm not giving up...
I'm just giving in.

Eon nodded in agreement. Quick and willing. He was certainly both of those things and being a messenger was certainly something he was confident in doing. The second job he had applied for, however, perhaps not so much. Still, he did his best to hide his anxiety. He had already made his offer, and he wasn’t about to go back on his word.

It seemed however, the position was still to be determined.  It made sense that Caedwyn would want to wait and make sure he would be a good fit. As a matter of fact, Eon would have been a bit skeptical if he had just gone ahead and made him a leader right then and there.  He would give a nod in understanding before Caedwyn moved to the next wolf, eventually bringing the meeting to a close.

It was soon after he caught wind of Enya, though he knew better than to approach her when she was talking with the other alpha. Instead, the small wolf spread his wings and took to the air - flying off to explore the lands and get more acquainted with them. It was a necessary task for a messenger and a possible new leader to know the territory.

Eon Exits