Muddy River
A wide ravine where a shallow, gentle river flows. Years of drought and silt deposits have built this area into a fertile delta. The river remains low and dry most of the year, staining its waters brown and creating muddy shores.
The Shape of Dreams
OOC Date: 07-10-2023, 02:39 AM
IC THREAD DATE: 05/15/2023  in  Muddy River  —  
DUSKORNA
MONARCH
Species Male Gray Wolf
Build Adult Athletic 32"
Trade NOVICE ROGUE
Trade NOVICE SENTRY
Health8 Dexterity3
Arcana 3 Medicine 1
Charisma 3 Perception 2
Constitution 1 Stealth 3
Deception 3 Strength 3
MagicVOID
MagicMIMIC
MagicEMPATHY
MagicFIRE ELEMENT
Magic--
Magic--

Caedwyn was fully enjoying himself, soaking in the thick, cool mud. That was until a sharp yip came from up over the banks. He looked toward the sound but instead of being greeted with a familiar face he saw only the dry bank above him. He knew that voice though. His ears cupped forward as his eyes stared in the direction of the yip. Was Enya playing some sort of game? It was certainly amusing. And just as he was about to get up, another yip. This time from the side. His head swiveled sharply, in time to catch her grinning face as she left down from the bank. He couldn’t help but smile at her antics. His tail wagged lightly, making a soft squishy sound as it tapped against the mud.

“Oh yes, haven’t you heard?” he jested with a coy smile. “Mud is the newest trend. It’s all the rage.” He teased, offering her a smile as he spoke. He pushed himself up onto his feet, listening as she questioned whether the experience bothered him. He wiggled his toes, squishing the mud around beneath his paws as she continued speaking, thinking about it for a moment.But as quickly as she’d brought it up, her comment was brushed aside by her own words.

“Yes, I had been meaning to find you. I’ve traveled quite a ways north of here. It’s much colder up north but the land seems plentiful enough.” He’d never really liked the cold. Despite his thick coat that would seem ideal for cold weather, Caedwyn rather disliked being cold. He’d grown up in the sweltering heat of a jungle so being hot was the norm for him. Being cold was just miserable. “The terrain to the northwest is mountainous and steep.” It reminded him of the plateau where he’d gone undercover in Athadia. It brought back memories he’d long since pushed behind him and he paused slightly. Whether it was a noticeable pause or not was unknown. But Caedwyn then quickly started again, moving those memories from his mind.

“But most importantly, I haven’t seen any claim on the lands here. I have not seen any traces of markings to identify pack borders and those I have come across have all been vagrants and wanderers. But I have found a few wolves who are interested in joining our endeavor so far. ” His words grew thoughtful. It was a bit odd, thinking about it. How was it that in such a wide place that they’d found, no one had yet laid claim to any part of the land? He supposed it worked out better for them in the end. “What of your travels? Have you come across anything interesting?”