Muddy River
A wide ravine where a shallow, gentle river flows. Years of drought and silt deposits have built this area into a fertile delta. The river remains low and dry most of the year, staining its waters brown and creating muddy shores.
[P] Where are you?
OOC Date: Yesterday, 10:42 PM
IC THREAD DATE: 08/03/2024  in  Muddy River  —  
VERDANTIS
NOBLE
Species Male Gray Wolf
Build Adult Athletic 38"
Trade NOVICE SENTRY
Trade NOVICE MEDIATOR
Health5 Dexterity2
Arcana 2 Medicine 1
Charisma 4 Perception 3
Constitution 1 Stealth 3
Deception 3 Strength 1
MagicEMPATHY
MagicILLUSION
Magic
Magic
Magic
Magic
linked accounts
Quinn, though he held a rank over the nearby borders, wasn’t overly concerned that his bow wasn’t mirrored; Reed’s smile endured. The feathered wolf didn’t feel she was being insincere, either - that was impressive, given the shipwrecking trauma prior to her arrival here and the absence of her companions. She seemed to be handling things remarkably well, including the ad hoc introduction to the Verdantis sentry. Quinnat had gotten ahead of himself, a habit he needed to quell - and he always intended to, after the next new face arrived.

With his mind already on how he might’ve slipped up, when the pirate nearly collided with him, Quinn automatically shot her an apologetic look, his ears lowering for a moment. He gave a gentle bob of his head to acknowledge her response to his rather abrupt change of plan. “Hmm, well, I can’t get you snapper - unless you really piss someone off.” Unashamed merriment glinted in his pale eyes at the cringe worthy joke. “But I know a cache or two upriver.”

He lifted one paw as if to set off but -

“Oh! I should probably explain where we are and where we’re going, shouldn’t I?” Quinn turned in a near perfect pirouette, feathers ruffling as if jostling for space against his fur before flaring out in a shimmering display of blue and green. “This waterway here - this is the Muddy River - which lives up to its name; watch where you step and you’ll be alright. A bit further inland and we’ll be in the Kingdom of Verdantis - that’s my home. You should be fine to stick with me for a little while if you don’t cause trouble - puddles excluded, obviously, since they started it.” His grin flashed again. “You can take off after a meal if you want, or you can stick around if leadership agrees. I, personally, can vouch for your waterslaying skills.”

With that, Quinnat angled his head towards the heart of Verdantis, his paws shifting against the soft ground. "Oh - and you can tell me to hush at any point if this is all too much information right now, I won't be offended." Quinn took a prancing sidestep. "Shall we?"