Ancient Ruins
An ancient city of stone buildings lies hidden between hills and trees. Destroyed and toppled by some unknown disaster and the ages of time, now this place is a maze to be explored.
[AW] Toppled Lives
OOC Date: 09-09-2024, 06:49 PM
IC THREAD DATE: 08/09/2024  in  Ancient Ruins  —  
VAGRANT
VAGRANT
Species Female Other Feline
Build Youth Skinny 13"
Trade ---
Trade ---
Health4 Dexterity4
Arcana 2 Medicine 1
Charisma 4 Perception 1
Constitution 1 Stealth 3
Deception 4 Strength 1
MagicILLUSION
MagicBANSHEE
Magic
Magic
Magic
Magic

Whatever transported them here, it didn't have the best time frame. Roxanne ended up here, alone, for several moments before her father did. She, too, landed with an audible 'oof' with no grace to her fall, but at least she wasn't scared. At first.

She was quiet but awe-struck as she took in her surroundings. It was always exciting to find a new place, and this was no exception. She'd seen buildings before, but never this run-down and destroyed, and she wondered what could have happened to make it this way.

So engrossed in her new surroundings, she forgot to actually take it in for any danger, and as she walked, she stepped on something that made her hiss in surprise - it looked kind of like a lizard, but bigger, and way cooler, with spikes coming out of its back and bright spots on its body - just like her! She batted at its face with her claws in, but just then the little creature --

It --

IT MULTIPLIED.

Turned into a bunch of tiny lizards with the same sharp spikes and started screaming at her! The combined noise sounded like the collective voices of the damned, and they started chasing after her, and she ran but they were fast but she was faster but they kept screaming and sounding like a whole army and --

Well. Eventually she managed to escape. Hid in the little corner between two buildings and smushed herself flat against the ground, trying to look as inconspicuous as possible. And when daddy started to call her name, she didn't speak a sound. They could come back at any moment. It wasn't safe until daddy came over, at which point she buried her face in the warmth of his arm fur and silently willed him to protect her.

'Why didn't you come when I called?' He asked, and for a moment she still didn't answer. But she knew Daddy wouldn't let those things touch her, so she finally spoke, “There was this thing, but it wasn't just one thing it was a bunch of 'em. And they looked like lizards and they kept screaming and chasing after me so I had to run,” her head suddenly snaps in the direction of some other place, “I think... I think they're still close.”