Emerald Grove
A hilly terrain covered by deciduous forest. Creeks cut between the hills. The tall forest reaches upward and underneath, ferns cover the ground.
Teach me your ways [P]
OOC Date: 09-09-2024, 03:37 AM
IC THREAD DATE: 09/03/2024  in  Emerald Grove  —  
DUSKORNA
NOBLE
Species Male Other Canid
Build Adult Lean 16"
Trade NOVICE ARTISAN
Trade NOVICE SHAMAN
Health5 Dexterity3
Arcana 3 Medicine 1
Charisma 3 Perception 3
Constitution 1 Stealth 2
Deception 3 Strength 1
MagicSIREN SONG
MagicLIGHT ELEMENT
MagicCLAIRVOYANCE
Magic
Magic
Magic
Eon's eyes widened as Enya jumped to her paws, heart thumping in his chest. His head quickly turned to peer over his shoulder, scanning the surrounding area until he realized she hadn't jumped because there was danger.  Now he just looked like an idiot. He'd shift his gaze upward to be greeted with her own gaze. There was excitement in her eyes, and he was able to calm himself down. Was he really so anxious every movement startled him? Why so was he so Jumpy?

Feeling even smaller than he did before, Eon would rise onto his own paws. When Enya touched her nose to his shoulder, he knew it was a gesture of reassurance and did everything he could to shove any lingering anxiety away.  “Well…” Where did he start? Was there even a start?  “Sometimes, I get visions of shackles around my heels.” Ugh, maybe he shouldn’t have started there. No, he definitely shouldn’t have started there. This sounded terrible. How could he make this sound better?  “Do you think she’s trying to free me from them?”

There. That was one theory out. He wasn't sure if he should speak the other,  though it floated around in his head. There was something in him that didn’t trust gods… but for some reason, Tsillah felt different. He hadn't immediately denied her as he had with other gods. What made her so different?

He had learned a bit during his time traveling with the two monarchs. He knew she liked to test her devotees with trials of strength. She wanted them to prove their worthiness because she had something to offer them. She offered what seemed like suffering.  Below the suffering; however, there was knowledge, and there was growth. Through that suffering, she built her followers into their best selves.  He could see his past from a new perspective by learning about her. All the god-awful trials he had to go through were her molding him into one of her great masterpieces with one piercing needle at a time.  It was an art form. She was an artist, at least that's how he liked to look about it.  There was just something about her teachings he wanted to be a part of.

No. The theory it was her was wrong. It was proven false at that very moment as he watched the excitement on Enyas' face.  She wouldn't have that expression if Tsillah did not value her follower's freedom and individuality.  He had gotten himself all worked up for nothing... hadn't he? Something still bothered him, though. If it wasn't her who had him shackled, then who was it?