MagicSIREN SONG
MagicLIGHT ELEMENT
MagicCLAIRVOYANCE
Magic
Magic
Magic

I'm not giving up...
I'm just giving in.

Eon watched on as the wolf before him caught herself clearly not expecting his presence. Suddenly, he felt a bit awkward. It also didn’t help that the wolf took quite a bit of time just to stare him down. He was used to this, and would have typically assumed it was his sparkling coat,  majestic wings, or colorful feathers that had caught their attention - but covered and sand and muck like he was - there was no way....  For the first time in a long while, he began to feel self-conscious. He did his best to keep a steady breath and a calm look on his face - though he did take a few steps backward as the silence wrapped around him. This was the kind of silence that he hated. The silence somehow managed to be louder than a scream of terror. He was about to book it - leave the situation and forgot he had even had this encounter when the wolf finally spoke. The sound of a voice piercing the thick silence was not as comforting as he would have liked - at least not at first. However, as words began to take shape the situation almost immediately became a bit lighter.

The wolf before him thanked him and then went on to explain that she didn’t actually know where she had learned it from and that she had lost her memories. A strange mix of emotions hit Eon - there was sorrow for this wolf, It must have been frightening not to remember their past - or who they were… but there was also a strange sense of jealousy. Eon knew it wasn’t right for him to feel that way, not when the wolf before him was clearly hurt by the matter, but he could not help but want to not remember his own past. It would make it so much easier for him to move forward now…  But he did… and that was just something he would have to live with.

Figuratively, he shook the thoughts from his head as the wolf atop the rock continued, mentioning she did not believe they had met before, and asking where Eon was from.  “No, I don’t believe we have met, my name's Eon” he’d reply with a quick smile, trying to ease the lingering heaviness of the situation. “As for where I come from… let's just say thats something I would rather forget myself.”  The words came out without much thought - but perhaps thought should have been put into them before they were spoken. Eon only hoped his words wouldn’t be taken as insensitive.

In an attempt to steer the conversation in another direction, he'd quickly go on to talk about what little he knew about the realm. All he knew was what Enya had told him the day prior, mentioning the kingdom that claimed the entirety of the land. He wondered if the wolf knew about it, or was perhaps even a part of it... Of course, there was always the possibility she could be against it too. Until he knew more, and in to not shake the waters, Eon would do his best to mention it in a neutral stance.

"You know about the kingdom forming here at all?" he'd say, glancing up at the she-wolf curiously. He wondered what the residents here thought about it. While he was all for the idea of a unified kingdom, he wasn't so sure everyone would be on board, not right away anyway.

NOTES