Deception Strength
MagicSEED
MagicILLUSION
Magic
Magic
Magic
Magic
linked accounts
A branch reached out over the water’s edge; the tree it belonged to was large enough that that limb could gain Whorl a good few feet of distance on the sunbathing rodents. He could manoeuvre with far more ease in the treetops than in water. All he needed to do was reach it and slink along it…

There was a disturbance above, a large, winged shape encroaching on the space in the jungle canopy. Whorl watched from the base of the tree, assessing the stranger’s angle of descent. He’d never flown himself, nor had he envied the ability. That wouldn’t stop him huffing as he felt the impact of the mammoth wolf uniting with the ground. His eyes narrowed.

For such stout and blocky creatures, the capybaras slipped into the waters with surprising elegance. Whorl had been expecting some sort of belly-flop and a splash that would touch the cliffs above but - while he had little hope of seeing them beneath the surface - they didn’t leave much of a wake. 

“Well I hate to dash your hopes, sweetie...” The quilled male stood to his full height, which might as well have been seven inches. “I saw the whole thing.” The tip of his semi-prehensile tail flicked. “Great entertainment.” Whorl turned his head to survey the water. It had been deserted with urgency when the much larger canine had touched down. A pout slid down Whorl’s narrow muzzle and his brows shifted, his lips drooping in a caricature of disappointment. “Even if my lunch has disappeared.” He clicked his tongue as if reprimanding the stranger.