MagicSIREN SONG
MagicLIGHT ELEMENT
MagicCLAIRVOYANCE
Magic
Magic
Magic

I'm not giving up...
I'm just giving in.

His question was quickly answered and it was up to his own preference how many of the leaves were needed.  “Then I’ll probably need 20,” he said sarcastically followed by a slight chuckle. Though if he were being honest with himself, he was only half joking. Eon liked luxuries, and he wasn’t afraid to admit that most of the time. However, right about now, he was happy with just about anything.  He was mostly just thankful he had run into Enya to help him set up a place to rest at all, and thankful he wasn't dead after his relatively stupid decisions that had landed him here.  He didn’t want to ask much else of Enya,  but if she were willing to help gather a few more he’d certainly let her. 

He watched as she shredded the leaves from the branch. He’d study her method for a moment so he would be able to mimic it himself, but it seemed he wouldn’t have to as she suggested he fetch the leaves and she stripped them. He’d nod, agreeing to her first proposal. While he didn’t necessarily like the feeling of his gums bleeding he would have felt bad letting Enya do it. She had already done more than enough for him, and though she said she wouldn’t mind, it would still feel wrong to ask her to switch parts. He’d give a nod and head back over to the bushes, ripping off as many as he could - carefully this time, and running them over to Enya where she could peel them. He stopped when he heard his name. Turning to face her once more, he took a few more steps towards her so he could clearly hear her. Her serious expression made him worry, and that feeling didn’t stop as she mentioned the lands they had shared before.

He wished he could help her, have some good news - but he didn’t. He did not even know she had children, never mind seeing them, or having an inkling of where they might be. He fell silent for a moment, trying to think of a way to explain he hadn’t seen them without upsetting her. He didn’t know much about her history and only knew now that she had children, but he knew no matter the circumstances it must have been hard to be a mother and not know where her children were, or if they were even okay.  “No, I haven’t” he’d say rather quietly, still contemplating his next words. “But if you and I both ended up here in the realm, perhaps there’s a chance they did as well.”  He didn’t know how good the odds were that her children ended up here, but fate had a funny way of playing out sometimes, and you just never knew.

“I’m sure they’re fine, assuming they take after you, they might be off ruling their own kingdoms for all we know.”  Eon has learned a few things from the interactions he had with Enya. He knew she was strong, and determined, but also kind, and caring. Those were all traits that would help in survival, no matter where they may have ended up.  If her children had but a fraction of Enya in them - he was certain they were doing fine.  The thought did lead to his own question, however. It burned in his mind for a mere second before he decided to voice it. “If you don’t mind me asking, how did you end up here? I just find it strange that the first face I run into is a familiar one.”

NOTES