Muddy River
A wide ravine where a shallow, gentle river flows. Years of drought and silt deposits have built this area into a fertile delta. The river remains low and dry most of the year, staining its waters brown and creating muddy shores.
The Shape of Dreams
OOC Date: 09-09-2023, 12:26 AM
IC THREAD DATE: 05/15/2023  in  Muddy River  —  
DUSKORNA
MONARCH
Species Male Gray Wolf
Build Adult Athletic 32"
Trade NOVICE ROGUE
Trade NOVICE SENTRY
Health8 Dexterity3
Arcana 3 Medicine 1
Charisma 3 Perception 2
Constitution 1 Stealth 3
Deception 3 Strength 3
MagicVOID
MagicMIMIC
MagicEMPATHY
MagicFIRE ELEMENT
Magic--
Magic--

"Old! So that was the problem. I understand now." Before Caedwyn could react to the comment, Enya had hit him with another lick. He grinned, shaking his head in a "you're too much" type of gesture. It had been embarrassing for sure, but he had to admit it was a little funny when she made such a clever joke about it. He had a feeling that would be a joke that would take a long time to live down. As he stepped away from the shore, he could feel her return to his side and he waited, pausing to look at her and smile once more in her direction. She might have craved his touch, but he was equally craving her desire. He wasn't even fully aware of it; only aware of how it made him feel when she followed. He wanted her to want him, to need him, to choose him when she was perfectly capable of choosing anything else. It made his heart flutter a bit and his tail gave a gentle wag before he turned his head again, thinking of her question.

He hadn't fully considered what they would eat. Rabbits were tasty though somewhat small and they had the horrible habit of darting into holes right when he thought he had them between his jaws. And he didn't really have much stashed away. A few scraps and dried meat, but it seemed a little lackluster to present such meager offerings to Enya. "Turtle." He stated, rather abruptly. The word had escaped his mouth as soon as it hit his brain, without much forethought. Shit. Why did he say turtle! "I haven't had turtle in awhile, but I don't think there's many around here. The swamp is a much better place for that." He mused, strolling away from the riverbed as he thought. His eyes moved to a path that had been worn through the underbrush, beaten down by the frequent passing of beasts. In the dirt, he could see a slight indentation. It was a track: a hoof-print. He paused, drawing nearer to the marking to investigate.

"Why have old, dusty meat when you could have fresh? There seems to be a deer that passed through recently. " He said a little more energetic, turning again to look to Enya. But was she wanting to go on a hunt after all the adventures the afternoon had brought them? They'd already spent their energies swimming and playing chase, among other things. "But, if my Lady prefers to relax - " He stepped to the side as he spoke using his paws to scratch the dirt quickly to clear it of any twigs, leaves, and debris, " ... she could lie here while I procure us some frogs from the river. It's not turtle but frogs don't have annoying shells." His voice was clearly over-exaggerated but it was still fun to him. Caedwyn had lowered himself into a somewhat play bow, using his legs to indicate the area he had cleared for her. "So what says the Queen? An exhilarating chase through the moonlight? Or an evening of relaxation while I gather the frogs?"

He awaited her reply, the eagerness on his face not hidden at all.

---

Speech.