Muddy River
A wide ravine where a shallow, gentle river flows. Years of drought and silt deposits have built this area into a fertile delta. The river remains low and dry most of the year, staining its waters brown and creating muddy shores.
The Shape of Dreams
OOC Date: 08-06-2023, 05:14 AM
IC THREAD DATE: 05/15/2023  in  Muddy River  —  
DUSKORNA
MONARCH
Species Male Gray Wolf
Build Adult Athletic 32"
Trade NOVICE ROGUE
Trade NOVICE SENTRY
Health8 Dexterity3
Arcana 3 Medicine 1
Charisma 3 Perception 2
Constitution 1 Stealth 3
Deception 3 Strength 3
MagicVOID
MagicMIMIC
MagicEMPATHY
MagicFIRE ELEMENT
Magic--
Magic--

"I nearly ruined you." He remained quiet at her remark, unsure how to respond. He didn't want to argue with her, and he regretted having brought up the topic at all. Yet he didn't want to agree with her, so he just shifted around in the water, his eyes watching her carefully as she stepped out onto the water. Ears pricked forward with curiosity as ice and steam formed at her paws, supporting her weight as she moved out across the surface of the water. He couldn't help but smile at the event. Enya always knew how to be dramatic. He looked up at her, about to comment on her lack of swimming when the magic ebbed away and she slipped forward to dive into the water. He supposed that was one way to get into the water without wading through the mud at the shore. When she shook, sending little bits of water flying into his face, he turned his head away with a grin. "I appreciate the offer, since you were the one who got me dirty." He chuckled at the comment and waded over closer to her when she presented her back to him.

"Why do you think you can claim that I don't ruin things?" He had hoped the conversation would be lost but she had managed to bring it back up again. Thinking back, the pair of them had a lot of history together. A lot of strife. From outside, he wondered if it was easy for someone to imagine that he hated her or to agree with what she'd said about ruining him. There had been a time when he would have agreed with her, but that time seemed so far away now.

"You certainly know how to make an entrance," he laughed, using his nose to gently swish water over her back and licking at her fur between his words. "I was beginning to wonder how you planned on getting clean standing up there above the water." His eyes moved from where he was working over to hers, seeing that her head was tilted where she could still see him. "Maybe getting you covered in mud was the plan all along?" His words had a little mischievousness to them. "How else was I supposed to get you to take a bath with me?" He gave her a little wink, before reaching his mouth up to nip playfully at the fur on the back of her neck. Was it too soon to be making jokes like that? All of this was so new, but the teasing came so natural to him that he'd said it without really thinking. After pulling at her fur a bit, he let out a short, playful growl and slunk back in the water away from her. He'd spent so much time today chasing after her, he wondered if now it was her turn to do the chasing.

---

Speech.